Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Wanna Know the 20 Best Islands to Live On?





I picked up the new issue of Islands Magazine at the Portland airport (during the final leg of a 12-hour round trip). After a long (though totally rad) day, I needed a mental escape to survive my imminent flight. Turns out, the "20 Best Islands to Live On" issue totally did the trick!

Spoiler Alert!!
^
^
^^^

Hawaii took the top two spots!

Big Island is the champ and Kauai wins the silver. Nice work, Aloha State! I've never been to either, so clearly I've got to fix that.

The issue also ranked the 10 Best Island Villas. Obviously, the winner - Samudra on Ko Samui, Thailand - looks incredible. The insane part (which I still think I must have read incorrectly) is that it's base price is only $800/day. Seriously, only EIGHT BILLS a day to stay here:



Samudra, which means "gathering of waters," can host 10 people in it's five air-conditioned bedrooms. The place features 12 structures (including a yoga octagon with a fancy floor, Aysha!), has an infinity pool, and is just a leisurely 40-minute ride from the airport. Dang, ya'll. .........................Dang.







You can check out tons of great photos showing off the unbelievable details of this place here:




No comments:

Post a Comment